Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

My outdoors

Well, a few posts ago I showed you our new box garden thingys - I wasnt too convinced about the whole process initially, nothing seemed to be growing very well. I'm now wondering if it didnt have more to do with the weather conditions than the box deal - anyway - here are pictures of the current garden situation.



If you look back on my previous garden post you'll see the difference :) Its been a long time since I HAVEN'T had tomatoes by the middle of July, but really, I think the cool, wet weather did me in this year.

My pond has also started looking good - I keep adding fish, I lost so many this winter. I'll try and get some pictures of them later. But, I have my older generation that are about 6" long, the group I put in sometime in April are about 2-3" long. The group I put in 3 weeks ago and the teeny guys I dumped in last week aren't too much different from each other, maybe a 1/2" difference. I'm hoping to get my population up.

The main pump decided to go out on us last week, so we replaced it on Saturday. The new one is awesome! I dont know that I've seen the water so clear!


I'm waiting for the newest lily to bloom - its red! I'm so excited. My pinks and yellows have been doing well though.

Oh, I also planted a new herb last year - bee balm - its doing well this year. It has a great smell, but I didn't realize that it flowered - check this out.


The blooms are REALLY pink - almost fuschia.

Ok, I know, I'm a nerd, but I love planting. I wish my herb garden was more extensive, I'm learning so much about herbs and what they can do - its really interesting (to me anyway).

Ok, thats all for now. Grow on!

No comments: